Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Viduthalai...

Hello there. It’s been a while since I posted anything. Hmm… The past few months have been very liberating. For most of 2008, I had been living a rather stressed out life… surrounded by people who had an almost toxic effect on me… weighed down and suffocated by their expectations, scrutiny and even ‘diktats’ (Ha!)… Being provoked… losing my cool, making rash, harsh remarks (at times, without adequate reason) and generally, unable to do justice to myself and calmly comprehend and prioritise the things that happened and those that really matter. A lot of my time was wasted. Like Batman tells Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight, “He (The Joker) wanted to prove that even someone as good as me could fall.” Nobody intentionally played The Joker in my case, but fall I did. When you’re pushed to the brink, driven to your wits’ end, not given an inch, confronted by pitiless attitude, it’s very hard not to go down. If I had gone on that way for a moment longer, unable to break my fall, unable to break free, get rid of the shackles, the rest of my life would have been a living hell. I’m thankful to the Almighty for showing me the way in the nick of time and saving me from what certainly would have been the gravest mistake I could have made. Whew!

PS: Dear God, perhaps you could have guided me in this regard a little earlier. : D

No comments: