Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Forced insomnia…

A lot of people, including some good friends, think the solution to whatever difficulties and inconveniences I may face in my day-to-day routine is simple: All I have to do is sleep less. Meaning, I have to be up and about from (at least) 6 am onwards (after getting home from work at 2 am), leave the house in a jiffy, stand in long queues at banks, departmental stores and the like, smile and be patient with arrogant, incompetent bunglers who say “Can I help you?” while sounding like that’s the last thing they want to do, go without breakfast and/or lunch (dinnertime is 1 am, by the way) before turning up for work, which is always fun but never undemanding.

That’s life, you might say, while nodding your heads wisely. Well, I have an important message for them, i.e. whomsoever it may concern: Buzz off. See you after I wake up. Maybe.

No comments: